Tuesday 19 April 2016

Sunday's Memories

I'll admit it. I like to be selfish at times. I had been lamenting to my dear husband for the last few weeks that I really needed to get to Vancouver to see the Cherry Blossom trees. Why?
It's a big part of my childhood, and I like to remember the precious days of my youth.
Having just lost someone very dear to me -it just made the urgency to remember so much more urgent .

We drove by the last house I lived in before I got married. My school years were lived in this home. I had my first kiss from my sweetheart Rudy in this home. And up the street lived Neufelds, and Wiens and Hoeks, Harders, Kruegers and more. We were kinda like a safe little Mennonite village unto ourselves. The place to hang out , eat roll kuchen, play kick the can, squeal car tires and such. Ah life was good.

And because we were in our old church neighbourhood, we stopped at the graveside of some special people.

And we reminisced about how small this tree was when Rudy's brother was layed to rest.




and because someone told me to check out the blossoms in the cemetery we drove through it

just the trees and me and my memories


and I pondered those laying here, wives, husbands, children




those who gave there lives for peace in this country.
It was so inspiring for me.

And then we opted for one more spot.
Queen Elizabeth park-or as we named it little mountain
It was here some 34+ years ago at this very waterfall we
took our wedding photo's.
Our lives our full of good and sad memories. Of saying goodbye and hello. Of weakness and strength.
I'm sure going to miss you Mr Neufeld, max. I am so glad I still have my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment