Monday 1 April 2013

One Thousand Gifts

Seems like this book was written just for me.
"My own wild desire to protect my joy at all costs is the exact force that kills my joy. Flames need oxygen to light. Flames need a bit of wind. Broken glass ignites in light and there it is, the secret of joy's flame: Humbly let go. Let go of trying to do, let go of trying to control....let go of my own way, let go of my own fears. Let God blow His wind ,His trails, oxygen for joy's fire. Leave the hand open and let it be. Be at peace, bend the knee and be small and let God give what God chooses to give because He only gives love and whisper surprised thanks. This is the fuel for joy's flame. I can let go. Eucharisteo makes the vantage point of a life and I bend the body, it says it quiet:"Thy will be done". This is the way  body and mouth say thank you: Thy will be done. This is the way the self dies, falls into the arms of love. This is why. This is why the fight for joy is always so hard. "Ann Voskamp
Thankful for;
Sunshine
The Cross
Faith of my Dad
Forgiving spouses
Faithful Children
Searching for joy
Flowers
Robins

No comments:

Post a Comment