Thursday 15 October 2015

Another Season of Change

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear,
I, I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear,
'Cause I, I will be here.

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet,
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen,
And I will be here,
When the laughter turns to crying
Through the winnin', losin', and tryin',
We'll be together,
'Cause, I will be here.

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear,
I, I will be here.
As sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years
So, I, I will be here.

I will be here,
You can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you,
And I will be here,
To watch you grow in beauty and
Tell you all the things you are to me,
'Cause, I will be here.

I will be true to the promise
I have made
To you and to the one who gave you to me

I, I will be here
And just as sure as seasons are made for change,
Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I, I will be here,
We'll be together,
I will be here.
Steven Curtis Chapman

Cancer and my journey, not pretty but I will attempt to share.

Why? So it might encourage you , so it might help me. Give and take if you will.


Everyone knows Cancer induces fear, questions, soul searching, and hope.
Hope you say? Yes if we loose hope- we have no future.

If we have all the answers - we are not in need of someone higher than us.

Hope in God, the creator of all things. A hope for the future.

Why as I ponder my life must it be so difficult?

Why couldn't I just have an easy ,cosy existence ?


Is life not beautiful? I mean look around you in North America-beauty everywhere.

I don't pretend to have all the answers.


I'm on a journey and I invite you to walk along side me.
 

My first chemo treatment started on October 5. It's a two week everyday chemo treatment-before I get a chance to rest for one week, and then start again.

Like the power outage storm we had a month ago- I was ill prepared for the side effects.


They hit like a brick and left me hanging in the dark.

Boom!

So if you see me smiling on pictures it's because of my choice.

I choose to see chemo as a gift. The gift of life -that although can leave me utterly overwhelmed and sick, will not defeat me.

I choose to put my hope in Christ, the rock of my salvation.

I choose to fight for my family, friends and future.

And I challenge you to help me.

How?

Don't be afraid to send me encouragement.

Bring me meals.

Offer to walk with me.
Allow me to say no-don't take it wrong-I'm just not feeling that good.
Pray for me, my kids, my husband.
Send me letters, cards.
Love my kids.
Love my husband, take him for coffee.
Laugh with me.
Cry with me.
Be my cheerleader.
Don't be afraid of my journey.
Don't be silent - I need you in my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment