Thursday 5 December 2013

Season For Miracles

December long ago the little babe Jesus was born in Bethlehem. To a willing humble woman. The miracle of birth, born to a virgin, in a stable at just the right moment. I'm reading the Book "The Power of Miracles" . I picked it up at my local value village in hopes of having some reading time at my place of rejuvenation ,Palm Springs. I think I needed to believe in Miracles again. My life experience so shaded with disappointments , my tank of possibilities was certainly running dry. I wasn't looking for  miracle,  as a matter of fact ,I have been questioning allot of things in my life lately. Randomly one morning I decided to share a chapter of my book with Rudy. I usually scan the material, yes I am a control freak, before I can decide if I can share whats going on in the pages of my book, kinda like I do with people before sharing my heart. This chapter was about a mother named Margret. Really? Coincidence ? You be the judge. Margret worried about her children constantly . One day she took her small child Tammy on the escalator ."But Tammy was afraid to step on the moving stairs."I don't want to go, she shrieked!".Margret was working up to a panic. How were they going to get down this flight safely?No one seemed to be near them to help. Then Margret saw the hand of a stranger with smiling eyes, holding her daughter. His eyes communicated "don't worry I'm holding your little girl. She won't fall". The ride down was over in seconds and Margret turned to thank the stranger , but could not see him anywhere. She asked Tammy if she saw where the stranger went. Tammy asked her , what stranger? There was only the two of us on that escalator ride mommy. And Margret knew that she had been given a glimpse of Tammy's guardian angel".And the stranger had left her a message. As you see me now, with my hand on your child, I am always. So there is no need to be anxious. You cannot add one day to your child's life by worrying, nor take away that is not already in God's plan. But what you can do, what you must do, is love your children, with the kind of love only a mother can give, for however long they have been placed in your care. This is your most important job.
At just the right moment, just the right words, God's timing , a miracle. He is here , taking care of my daughter and surrounding us with His arms and making sure we are okay. Just a tiny baby so long ago...



No comments:

Post a Comment