Sunday 12 June 2016

Sunday Morning Thoughts

I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know at His right hand
Stands One who is my Savior.

I take Him at His word indeed:
"Christ died for sinners"--this I read;
For in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I
Before I knew my Savior!

And, oh, that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior!

Yes, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring-
That He who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior!

Saw a play the other day .WIT, at pacific theatre. It was brilliant and so close to home. A quote from the program "the opportunity to experience God in spite of ourselves".
A woman with stage 4 cancer faces treatments and death. It defiantly got my attention.
Evoking feelings deep within me and stirring thoughts that are easier kept in my head than on paper.
We are all on a journey, we must all face death, but we don't like to talk about it.
Why? because it reaches into our core and forces us to face the finality of life on earth, our hopes and dreams, saying goodbye to those we love, and realising a chapter that we thought was all about us is closing.
My dad taught me that we are all wired with a will to live, that doesn't mean that we don't enter valleys that are to deep to walk through. Some journeys are full of life, energy, sunshine, and some are too dark to handle.
For myself I am living, clutching breathing, holding on to every spark of life my body can handle.
Right now I choose to not focus on what I consider the unfairness of life. But what I can bring to this life. I choose to forgive despite being hurt. I choose to get out of bed because there is a new day in front of me. I choose to read my bible and pray to face my day. I choose to help others . I choose to walk the plan God has chosen for my life, despite my mistakes and imperfections, and there are many. I choose to accept what God has willed what God has planned. My agenda for the day is not always easy, but let me encourage you it is worth it. I choose to feel loved, I choose to work on my marriage, I choose to love my kids, I choose to better myself, I choose life because that right now is what I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment