Friday 27 December 2013

Post Christmas Thoughts

It was Christmas Eve. We took up 15 seats. My family and close friends. All here to celebrate one common cause. The birth of Christ. Only this happened years earlier , we were coming together to remember , to enjoy another year of His grace. To sing Happy Birthday -the reason for the season. The pastor opened his sermon with the question what special thing would you like for Christmas...what miracle if you could have anything at all , would you ask for? Turn to your neighbour and tell them what you want. Intimidating? Strange ? Is it hard to tell someone else what I really want? Yes, actually it is for me. I think it is not only hard for me to tell my neighbour, friends ,family members, but it is hard to voice it to God. Oh sure Id like a new sweater, peace and joy and all that...but what do I really want?  God who knows everything about me, and yet wants me to ask. Ask and lay down the deepest recess of my soul. Ask for a great miracle because its not going to happen unless its a miracle. Ask because we are mandated to ask. Ask because it reaches deep down and stirs the very core of my being, the most sacred part. The do not disturb this spot because it is surrounded by everything is all right most of the time spot. Moving? Intimidating? Scary? Yes .And so far out of reach, above and beyond I can ever think or imagine. Yup I know what I want, it's typed into a list that's hard to separate one request above the other. And instead of writing Santa that list, I think I'll write it to God. Do you want to join me? Could we possibly have a list of miracles so big that next year our only thoughts we would have is "I believe"?

No comments:

Post a Comment