Saturday 7 December 2013

Descend Into God's Love

I have no one in heaven but you; I want nothing on earth besides you. Psalm 73:25
Is that really true in my life? Is my focus totally on the one who made me and cares for me? If I'm brutally honest and truly examine my heart I have to say no. I want a comfortable cute as a teddy bear life. Gently and patiently I want God to stand on the sidelines of my life and cheer me on but not tell me how to play my game. I want to win trophy's without putting in the grit of practise and determination that it takes to achieve the finish line. I started this post 10 days ago. In my desert land in the quiet comfort of my home. I am finishing this in a true desert land , where the very crevice of my heart has no place to hide. A slow gentle nudging of the Spirit has begun to fill my heart with joy.
 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. Psalm 119:50.
Not belly full of laughter  Santa Claus joy, but deep in my heart joy. Our last bible study someone said we should pray for those that find this Christmas Season very hard. And I wanted to put my hand out and shout that's me...too hard. But I remained silent , watching , waiting to see what God was going to do in my life. I miss my Dad , Mom my sisters. Christmas is not the same without them. I mourn my health and my daughters health. I miss the time of year that used to make me giddy with joy and anticipation. I loved the tinsel and trimmings. The wonder of delight when just the right gift was given and accepted. I loved the carol singing, the planning the waiting. And to you reading you might think this frivolous. But to me its part of the bigger picture. Did you watch my favourite Dr Seuss clip? Maybe Christmas means a little bit more?

Thankful for:
Jesus and His love for me
My husband and his love for me
My daughter and her love for me
My sons (and son in law)and there love for me
My grandchildren and there love for me
My friends and there love for me
Palm Trees and sunshine
Full stomach's and peace
And joy in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment