Monday 3 February 2014

Monday Morning Thoughts


"You weren't an accident. You weren't mass produced. You aren't an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the earth by the Master Craftsman." Max Lucado
 Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.
 To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. --Lao Tzu
 Where there is great love there are always miracles.-- Willa Cather
You can give without loving. But you cannot love without giving. -- Amy Carmichael

Okay so it's February and you are already overwhelmed by all the Valentines adds on TV.  I've heard it all before. "Don't need a special day to declare my love". Nope you don't . But anything to change the hectic pace of everyday run around and make you think about others outside your box is a good thing. I know I've been pondering love of sorts. And  just when I think I got it all figured out I screw up again. Sorry honey, I do tend to want my own way and after 31 years of marriage I still expect you to just KNOW what I need.
Seeing it was just my sons engagement I did get all mushy inside...ahhh...young love , like holding a newborn baby , nothing else in the world compares to it. And then thoughtful deep thinker pessimist that I am...life will change, reality will set in. And shame on me.
 Life happens, sorrows overwhelm us at times, but why is this love thing so hard to grasp and keep? WHY? Why is my heart sometimes more broken then mended? I must confess my focus is on my circumstances and not on the creator. My relationship must first be towards heaven and God, and then towards other people. Horizontal and then vertical. And when circumstances overwhelm me I need to remember I am loved. Always. At the cross. Today and forever. And I want you to know and remember you are loved always.

No comments:

Post a Comment