Friday 26 September 2014

What would your 29 year old self say to you?

Dang Jane you had to ask. Good friend of mine posted this question on her blog. Tried to ignore it but my thoughts got into my devotions , into my company book keeping...and I had to open my life and look.
29 seems like yesterday, seems like a lifetime ago.
This would put me at the year 1991. Had my 3rd child in 1990 so he would have been 1. Wow a tiny sweet bundle of energy, younger than my youngest grandchild now. My daughter would have been 9 and my oldest son would have been 7.
All my kids  graduated high school  and are good productive caring Adults I must be so proud of them.
At 29 I been married for 10 years, we were nomads moving from house to house to generate income , work for Rudy. We  moved 9 times.
What's that I see we have been married 33 years and are still in love , like that allot.
And we've been in the same house for 17 years? Must be nice. Must be nice not to pack, and wander place to place.
What FHCC is gone ? No longer my place of worship? No longer a church? Kinda leaves a lump in my throat. My church home is NLCC now, been steady here for how many years?
My sisters passed on to glory? What both of them, how's that possible? In 1994 and 1995 -one year apart? How did I survive that? And 5 years later I got cancer? I survived? How come God left me here on earth, but took my sisters and mom? Are families not suppose to grow old together?
What's that you say -Rudy got cancer in 2002. Isn't there law in the bible about putting too much sorrow on one person?
Not sure I'm enjoying this looking over my shoulder and looking back.
But not all sad times you say? My daughter Katie got married, and has two wonderful children. That must be a taste of heaven on earth. And you say Dan my sons been working for Wood Expressions Flooring since 2000? What my husband runs a successful flooring company? And his son works hand in hand with him can't be more proud.
 What, what's that? My baby is married to a sweet girl? He got over being so shy and asked for someone's hand in marriage? Warms my heart , right down to my toes.
 And Rudy and I are going towards the next stage of life? What where did all the time go?
 We've lost both sets of parents , and we are now the old generation?  At 52? Really?
Whoa just highlights, some insights. I think I will close my thoughts for now and look towards the future.
"I say this because I now the plans that I have for you. This message is from the Lord. I have good plans for you. I don't plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and  future." Jeremiah 29:11
May I say with the apostle Paul "I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have served the Lord faithfully. 2 Timothy 4:7
Jane at first I thought this would be easy, but then I discovered it was very hard to write from the point of view of when I was 29-yet I'm 52 now and know everything that has happened to me. Very thought provoking, thanks Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment