Monday 27 October 2014

Monday morning Thoughts-Grace part two

Grace shapes us into a people of love, obedience and worship.

I am alive and in You I am free-Sunday morning worship at NLCC.
Feelings that were long buried started to smile up at me.


I will not hide what you mean to me. Not hide but just avoid the very breath of the one that created me.

And I shout it out loud, I'm not missing out. Yes I have been missing out , the burdens of life have been out shadowing the blessings.

Gonna make the world see what you've done in me. Gods been shaping me, allowing His grace to work in my life.

...In everything I do, I keep my eyes on you. Actually I haven't been doing that. I think that's why life got so hard.

That's why that song is hard to sing.

Stressful situations brings out your true grace.What exactly has that looked like lately in my life?

Why does Pastor Matthew have to push those buttons Sunday morning?

Because the grace of Jesus does not leave us the same.

I'm letting that sink in.

Grace doesn't leave us the same.

Am I allowing myself to be shaped?

True Character of our heart is exposed on the bad days of our life.

Ouch, the bad days, when everything seems to grow wrong?

How do I react when someone does not love me? Trust me? Hurts me?

Bad days prove the character of my faith.

And inside me that tiny sliver, that doesn't want to hurt anymore was suddenly awakened.

And a new stirring in my heart to walk the path that God has chosen for me was challenged.

To be sanctified and let myself be molded by God.

To experience true grace.

To accept true grace.

A gift for us all ,at the end of our life.

But if its really true that I am a sinner saved by sheer grace-

at Gods infinite cost-

then there is nothing that God cannot ask of me.
Tim Keller

That's a big quote Tim Keller

I'm working towards that goal. Anything God? Pretty scary.

Cheap grace is without discipleship;

grace without the cross,

grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate.
Dietrich Boenhoeffer

Bad days prove the character of our faith.

And I am silenced and humbled by grace.

Grace doesn't leave me the same.

Not just on the fun days.

When skies are beautiful and its easy to breathe.

Yesterday after Church I got to enjoy the sunshine.

And enjoy the beautiful place I call home.


Thankful for fall.

Thankful for food and fellowship.

Thankful for peace.

For the ocean and other peoples toys.

Thankful for the respite of rain and rain.

Rain so the flowers can grow.

Thankful for sunsets.

And trees.

Thankful for those that love me.

Thankful for grace.

Thankful for tough times, and getting through them.

Thankful that God has a plan for my life.

Thankful that I don't need to worry about tomorrow.

Thankful for Pastor Matthew.

Thankful for family.

Thankful for quiet walks.

And loud grand children

For a committed husband

And challenges in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment