Wednesday 2 October 2013

O Canada, My Home & Native Land






I was standing in line paying for my groceries,  minding my own business ,when an elderly lady caught my attention. No not by appearance but by the shrill of her voice. I can't believe how expensive everything is in this store. The clerk aiming to please replies it's not so bad especially when you view the weekly flyer's. Well says the old gal, I can't be bothered to look at those. And don't ask me to look up anything on the Internet either, pure evil those computers are...Same with cell phones her rant continues. When someone invites me to their house they better not have a cell phone on the table, I'll leave. Yup I'll just walk right out the door, no dinner guest for you she says. You know I don't like cell phones on the dinner table either, but I like food more...so don't worry I won't leave. Yup, those are the quiet inside thoughts I was having, my outside ones can't be shared. And another thing says she...really I think, there's more? They say Vancouver has the most unfriendly people in the world. Wait a minute my Vancouver? My home and native land? Uh, now she crossed my boundaries. I know some very special friendly people living in Vancouver. I've travelled allot ,always back to Vancouver , Canada, friendliest place on earth. And then it hit me , she had a very strong accent of sorts, clearly English was her second language, clearly positivity was her second language. And I was sad for her. She really is missing out . Just look at Vancouver, my home and native land. It's beautiful, strong and free.
On another note, I don't mind the anthem the way it's written at all. True patriot love in all thy sons command. Nope, don't feel left out at all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment