Tuesday 24 September 2013

Letter To My Mom

Saw them , the perfect family, Mom , son , grandfather , grandmother ,dog going for a walk. Smiling from ear to ear and making plans together for the day. And I drank in the moment, ever so brief and the fairytale ended. No I wasn't dreaming , I was on my walk too, minus the Mom, son, dad and dog. My picture , my story so different from there's. And I got to thinking , Canada Post has been in trouble lately. Nobody sends card, letters anymore. And then I thought deeper. What if everyone sent a letter to there Mom? A thank you letter, a reconciliation letter. A letter to say you haven't forgotten where you came from. Everyone has a mother, maybe you knew her, maybe you were raised in an orphanage, as a foster child, adopted child, by older siblings. We all have stories to tell , Moms that birthed us. So Mom here's my letter. I know you were raised in a troubled home. And I know I experienced turmoil , pain because of that. I had a tough childhood. And Mom when other girls were playing with barbies and eating home cooked meals I had to say good bye to you. You left earth far to early. And sometimes Mom it was hard when you were alive and sometimes Mom it was hard when you passed away. But Mom I want you to know I forgive you. They tell me I'm a strong confident woman. One who can meet life challenges head on and survive. They tell me I'm a good cook and I love to provide meals for others...just like you did Mom. They tell me I carry your smile and your big heart. So Mom thank you. Thank you for leaving some of the good things in me. And Mom , God sent another angel into my life 5 years after you passed away. And she was a good step Mom. She loved to tell stories, and sew and knit. And she took such good care of Dad. And she loved your grandchildren with all her heart. You would have liked her Mom. She was a great woman of faith. She never replaced you Mom, she just expanded her heart so there was room for me to have two Moms. And I got to share a letter with her too.Take care of each other okay Mom? And tell my sisters hello too, they get to be by your side already everyday.
So I'm asking you the reader have you sent a letter to your Mom?
Within Canada it costs 63 cents, USA 1.10 , International 1.85, Heaven absolutely free.
The joy it will provide, priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment