Monday 23 September 2013

Fall











I traded in my sunglasses for an umbrella. My tank top for a jacket. My shorts that I wouldn't be caught dead in last June was mournfully laid to rest in the crevices of my closet.. My flip flops for wet sock's. Yes fall is here. I fight it every year. And every year I love it. Why the love/hate relationship? Why do I grieve every fallen leaf but rejoice in it's Autumn foliage? Can I actually call these guys whose sign hangs on the back of a neighbour's container? And how do they know my life is cluttered, messy in need of an overhaul? I was beginning to enjoy the warmth of butt sitting in our Church. And then the Pastor had to tackle the subject of prayer. The instant prick of guilt hit my gut and I knew the next few weeks were going to be a roller coaster of a ride. And I knew if I was being honest with my life like the leaves outside change had to come. And just like the backpack full of rock's demonstrating the load I'm carrying I knew the pastor shot his target and landed his bulls eye dead on. Entrusting my needs to God. My worries my life, my family, my friends . My worries about the future can steal the joy of the present moment. And I so want joy in my life. It all starts down on my knees in quiet humbleness .It all starts with a willing heart .
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven our debtors."

No comments:

Post a Comment