Sunday 15 September 2013

Family Get Together


We sat in a circle each one of us part of an extended circle brought together by blood not chance. Each one of us sharing how we fit into this circle of life and what our last two years has brought us. Some graduates, some have their "N" , some a new baby, grandchild ,some lost a love one. I meant my sharing to be surface light hearted the facade that I show people on the outside, not the darkness in the crevice of my heart. Does family really want to know how much you are suffering? Or are those deep dark valley's only reserved for the quiet dark closets that are flooded with tears in the basement of my soul? You know Dad I think you would have been proud of me. I shared my heart and it wasn't easy. I shared how difficult losing my family was. I shared my struggles and it didn't feel good, it was scary. It was overwhelming. And Dad I realised part of walking on this earth is making myself vulnerable to what others might think of me. We are a strong can do anything family. And I realised again strength manifests itself when we admit we are weak. And then Dad I got it, I can't do life by myself. That's what family is for. Family , the good, the bad, the rich, the poor, the gentle, the harsh. Family, generations walking after Gods own heart. Prayers prayed in secret . Prayers prayed out loud.
And Dad through all these years I've learned that life is just way to short. And you've taught me that you can never say I Love You too many times. And Dad you've taught me to love family, cherish it and nurture it, it's so worth the effort. And you taught me by example Dad the phrase "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord" .

No comments:

Post a Comment