Wednesday 29 January 2014

Thoughts For Today

“If prayer stands as the place where God and human beings meet, then I must learn about prayer. Most of my struggles in the Christian life circle around the same two themes: why God doesn't act the way we want God to, and why I don't act the way God wants me to. Prayer is the precise point where those themes converge.”
Philip Yancey
Some days I question why my life must be they way it is. The other day I was with a friend and she asked me how life was going? I said okay. You know between kinda good and real honesty. And she said well life wouldn't be interesting if it was smooth sailing , now would it? My response naturally was well after years of choppy waters  smooth sailing sounds pretty good right now.
I like my life to be pain free wag that magical wand and show the world I got it together.

You have been chosen at this time in history in this precise place to do His work. Do not look to the right or to the left, trying to find answers in world philosophies or religions. Neither allow yourself to be deceived by those who say that you can meditate a certain way and be guaranteed to receive riches, even by substituting your 'god.' Satan is out to deceive, especially those who are saved. (Phil. 2: 8)
And this: You were chosen to sit at the King's right hand. You have favour with the King and, because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross you do not have to fear instant death in His presence. NO! You can come boldly unto the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in time of need. (Heb. 4: 14 - 16).
And as I started to research this topic a little more I came to the conclusion that I am exactly at the point in life where God wants me to be. I have been chosen to walk this path and help my family in whatever capacity God has called me to. It is not my choice. I did not choose this path. But God choose it for me. He entrusted me to walk this life today in His presence . He will lead me, He will guide me. He will touch me with His hand and will never leave me or forsake me. He sees the bigger picture, and at times it is too much for me to handle. He is there. Always .Always.

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."Deuteronomy 31:6B

No comments:

Post a Comment