Thursday 17 July 2014

Turning 52

Yup, that's me 52. Thought it was no big deal until my husband kept saying-52 "eh", wow 52. Do I need a cane? A closer look in the mirror? Thought I was doing pretty good-I don't know 52 doesn't sound that old to me-it used to , but not anymore. Normally I'm chipper and jumping around celebrating-but somehow this year -I'm tired. Maybe it's because I'm not 51? Maybe the roll over year takes a year off of your energy cycle? Or maybe I just have to many things going at once and I can't multi task like I used to. Instead of bragging to my man about how many things I can do at once -maybe just maybe I need to realise 52 -yes it is a big deal. Lately I been thinking about the ad in the paper -you know the one ?It's about a dog named lucky-
LOST DOG!
Black and tan dog of Poodle and German Shepherd descent.
Flea-bitten
Missing left hind-leg
No hair on rump
Going blind
Too old for tricks
Might bite if cornered
Answers to the name of "Lucky"
Only I've modified it for me
Lost Woman
Blond blue eyed of German and Russian descent
Bad back
severed ankle ligament
hot flashes
under eye bags
shoulder ailments
memory malfunctions
sagging areas
tires easily
missing good nights sleep
will bite when criticised
Answers to the name "Lucky"
Yup that's me-I'm lucky.
Lucky to live in peace.Lucky to have food and clothing. Lucky to have a home. Lucky to have a faithful husband. Lucky to have three beautiful children. Lucky to have wonderful friends. Lucky to have grandchildren. Blessed by God.Lucky to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment