Monday 21 July 2014

Feasting with God

Too many of us fritter our lives away waiting for the next big pay off. For the ultimate job, or the perfect holiday; for graduation , or a wedding day; for opening nights or birthdays, or the first day of summer. We yearn for the day that our hopes will be fulfilled, our efforts rewarded, our struggles explained, and our hungers satisfied. What we too often miss is this; God is at work all along. He is arranging celebrations in between the ones we have scheduled and inviting us to feast like the sons and daughters we already are while his party -to -end -all parties is being made ready. Leigh Mcleroy.

More than God wants me to perform for him, he wants me to relax and lean on Him, and give him control of everything. He wants me to cling on him like a nursing child depended on his mother for life saving milk. Why does he want that of me? Because he means to feed me, and all those I love at a table , a feast in the wilderness of my messy life.

This last month I had been in a long tunnel, with perhaps a light just out of my grasp. Seemingly overwhelmed ,and running to get through everyday. And Sunday I was challenged to this word of truth "The life of the future is here in Jesus". Not when my circumstances change, not even when those I love change. But right here, right now. I was challenged to pray in the name of Jesus, with God's authority. And with boldness and my answer would come. Pray for a miracle and God will answer, if not now in the life to come.
The Challenge was put forward in  4 categories to ask for prayer.
1. Pray for repentance.
2. Pray for healing with authority and expect a miracle, and tell others when it happens.
3. Those with chronic pain that have asked for healing and it hasn't come, remember you will be healed if not now in the life to come. Look forward to it accept it now.
 4.If you are totally out of energy and parched from life, pray for refreshment for your soul. He will restore your joy.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness , for they shall be satisfied". Mathew 5:6

Real life seldom fulfils our wildest hopes, and the gap between what we have and what we long for can open quite wide. Occasionally we catch a vision of truth and beauty that takes our breath away and reminds us of what we miss. We are richer if we do not look away. Leigh Mcleroy.


No comments:

Post a Comment