Sunday 5 May 2013

Morning Thoughts

After putting my brains back where they belong for the umpteenth time this week , I'm settling down to a little R & R and a little writing. You should see my set up in my backyard. Rudy pulled out my special lounge recliner, a TV tray and made me some ultimate soar throat tea (in my "my day wouldn't be complete without you" mug). He then devised a shadow box from the garage so that I could see my laptop screen  and enjoy the sunshine at the same time. The focus is entirely on me. Enjoy and relax and think of good things. I should be in Church but atlas the bug that has so thoughtfully taken residence in my body is not allowing me to. One thing about being so sick is that people really feel sorry for you. And why does that feel good? I guess in one way we are all calling out for a little love. Hey notice me I'm not doing so well. Could you just help me without me asking you to? When we show signs of outward ill we get some sympathy, special attention. When the inward ill hits us nothing happens. Why is that? Well I think we fail to communicate it to others. Hey over here , I'm barely holding on  can you help me? Why don't we communicate this? Are we afraid? Afraid of what others may think? Afraid of pouring our hearts out and getting no compassion? Afraid of making ourselves needy? After all we can cope on our own. Or can we? Have we asked and not gotten help? Let me reverse that , has someone asked us for help and our response although probably not audible has been maybe tomorrow. Being needy is not a sign of weakness. Admitting to overwhelming pain is not a sign of bad character. Ignoring people who need our help, you know the ones, is wrong. Long term friends or family that need your help but are too tired to keep asking, you know who. If you aren't sure, ask God to show you someone like that. Believe me He will. Or ask God to give you the courage to ask for help, it won't be easy. And when you get your answer , follow through, continue through the rough stuff. It's so worth your investment. It's so worth walking it with someone. Our Church has been advertising for mentors, and people who need mentoring. Do we need an official invitation or can we just do this on our own? To those who are already doing this, hats off to you. Stick with it enjoy the journey. It can be young to old or old to young, family, friend, neighbour ,stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment