Tuesday 21 May 2013

An Oasis in the desert







I will make rivers flow among barren hills and springs of water run in the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water and the dry land into flowing springs. Isaiah 41:18
Come unto me all who are thirsty and I will give you a drink.  
Rudy and I were deeply moved and touched by this little park on our drive one day. This park was full of plagues encouraging people just like Rudy and I. Cancer can be beaten , cancer does have survivors. As I reflect again on how fragile life is Rudy is off biking, training for the ride to conquer cancer. Can I share what it means to be a survivor, when many are not? At times it's unreal. Did we both really survive? Will it come back? My heart sometimes so overwhelmed when I hear of others struggling with cancer. And sometimes my heart just begs for mercy for those that I know are suffering with this disease right now. And sometimes my heart is overwhelmed with sadness of those that didn't survive. And at other times my heart is so grateful to be offered another chance at life. Another day to see the sunshine and the rain. Another day to hold close and tight the ones I love. Another day to make a difference in someone Else's life. Different seasons in my life a mixture of joy and sorrow. A chance to live breathe and let God do the healing. And can I say I am very excited to see my family and friends making a difference for cancer. Rudy, my son Mattias and his friend Andrew and my son Daniel, my brother in law Harold, my good friend Bert all participating in the ride to conquer cancer. Why? Because we are walking this journey together. And that is the only way to do life. Together.


No comments:

Post a Comment