Monday 20 May 2013

Sunday Morning Palm Springs Thoughts



















Sunday morning and Rudy and I decided to head to church. Out came our trusty laptop and the search was on. We ended up at Living Water Church of the Desert. A perfect title for the heart that was searching. We entered the air conditioned warehouse and sat with about 60 other people. Mostly in various stags of grayhood. There was a cute little lady with bright purple pants , matching bright orange jewellery shirt and jacket, and topped off her head with a rhinestone bright orange cap. Her husband beside her in his matching Hawaii shirt. Her continual waving of her hand reminded me of the street vendor's outside holding signs rotating with messages eat here. The worship leader tried to get the crowd engaged in I've got the Joy, joy , joy, where? Down in my heart. She tried in desperation to get audience participation. I sing joy...you repeat..it's really easy. Apparently only easy to her...someone else murmured they were slow learners. I chuckled since I couldn't sing..still got that dang cough...sore throat,achy muscles I'm never going to get well look. It's kinda been working for me because Rudy has been so attentive to my needs...maybe I need to tell him I'm still really sick. Hmmm. Anyhow then the worship leader mentioned her brother that died and was part of a church bikers for Jesus. And he died in a motorcycle accident, and on one of his last rides he got into a discussion with another Christian and to silence the other christian he said you have two choices in life you gotta face Jesus now or later the choice is yours. How does this all fit together? Maybe you are seeing the service the way we did? Anyways then the worship leader lead us in strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord. Strength , what? Maybe it was still the flu, maybe it was the Holy Spirit because this baby's eyes were flowing. Strength...yup that's what I need. And I thought of the song they that wait upon the Lord shall renew there strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles.  Only I hadn't seen any eagles  just tiny hummingbird's and my ah ha moment opened up. Maybe my strength is in the small things. Like the opportunity to visit Disneyland with my kids and grand kids. And although some of us are not well, that's okay. And even though life is bitter sweet that's okay too. I shall mount up with wings as Hummimgbirds...well I think you get the drift. The rest of the service was kinda surreal. The preacher sounded like the mad scientist from the Incredibles and every two seconds he demanded an amen and hallelujah, which is okay if you agree with what he says. Anyhow his glasses fell up and down on his face like a bouncing ball and I'm glad I'm not in Babylon for some reason. Do I hear an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment