Monday 3 June 2013

What's Your Story?

Everyday we run into people. Some happy , some sad, some well your day would have been just fine without them. We were in Palm Springs window shopping. And Rudy and I just passed this most adorable shop and of course I just had to pop in. The window was so inviting with "my little Princess banners" and all fluffy and done up like Candy Floss at our local PNE. How could I not like this shop?
The minute I opened the door a warning bell resounded in my ear warning me not to trespass but I did. The shop was filled to the brim with inviting merchandise but there was no room to observe what might be the hunt and kill of ones shopping spree. There was more hand written signs then walking isle's...no strollers allowed. What? Selling kids merchandise but not being stroller friendly? Do not touch the flip flops. Do not try on Merchandise on the sale rack. Do not touch the merchandise , period. Look only.What? Well I did find some cute items, despite all the warnings, and was accosted by the sales clerk as she walked right into my dressing room without any warning . She was sadly disappointed as she caught me entirely naked...not trying on forbidden sales merchandise. I began to pray that my husband would not explode as his wife was being treated as a person of interest in a theft investigation. Feeling very undignified but being stubborn more so ,I purchased a few items and left the storm (store).How can something  so wonderful on the outside reflect something entirely different on the inside? My husband and I approached our car in complete silence...and then the question...How could you still buy something in that store.? MMM? Well I had done nothing wrong, and I found something cute and why not ? So there..why not? More silence. We drove back to our Oasis in the dessert, got our pool gear on and relaxed with the non confrontational palm trees and 35 degree tropics, all the while thinking there must be something wrong with this store clerk. She must have been so hurt in her past, maybe I should swing by this store tomorrow, surprise her with a cupcake, buy more merchandise ,ask her  her name and show her someone really does care. So out of curiosity I goggled her store thinking she just had an off day when I was there. The complaints by customers ranged from she yelled and swore at me, to never shop here..it's not worth it. Not just one complaint...but so many. So maybe this store is just one more to check off my bucket list and move on? And although my heart was really feeling bad for this gal , I think I'll just pass next time.
I, the Lord, search the minds and test the hearts of people. I treat each of them according to the way they live, according to what they do. Jeremiah 17:10
May my life not be just window dressing.
And I still believe she had a sad story. So I keep her in my heart and pray for her. And pray that she gets help for whatever went so wrong in her life. Everybody has a story .

No comments:

Post a Comment