Tuesday 11 June 2013

Through the Crack's

So yesterday I did it. What did I do? I had my first physio appointment for my ankle, since I severed my ligament last August.
I saw a physio therapist in Maple Ridge. I was not discouraged by the receptionist question of why I would come all the way out here to see a therapist. My answer because I was told he could help me. Silence. As I filled out yet another questionnaire, people  are just so interested in me. I scanned the waiting area that had been so hard to find. Through to the back building, past the recreation receptionist, up the stairs, through the gym filled with working out bodies, and bingo I opened the door and was in. Now would my appointment get me to stay in this hip swinging club? Oh yeah back to my scan on of my surroundings.  A cute young physio therapist with an English(or is the term british?) accent passed me. I turned white and then red. Thinking to myself maybe this guy won't recognise me. Remember back at Jimmy Pattison in Surrey and my Paska fee askle (is that a word)? Yup, there he was in the flesh...what about me I'm from England don't I get some goodies guy? Do I bolt? Or do I stay? Well I do want to get well, and I know God has a sense of humour and I do need to learn things in life. So I stayed. Maybe he won't remember? Hello Mrs Ekkert, I know you , you look familiar. Yes, yes I do I was treading so carefully. We met at Jimmy Pattison Out patient clinic. I was in your pain management class. Oh, I don't remember all the details, why are you here?
That question again. Why are you here? Well I just had to see your smile again, well I was feeling so good after your treatments and I just wanted you to know that? Ah...No. I need help. He asked so I needed to tell him. And I had all the paper work to document my journey. And the diagnosis is? I'm sorry you have really fallen between the cracks. Yup, yup I have. You should have seen someone month's ago. Yup, yup I should have. Well hopefully now we can help you. Yup, yup that's all I want. Help. The good news is my CRPS is gone, the bad news My treatment needs to be slow so it doesn't come back. The good news that three of my four fractures in my foot don't bother me anymore (I know I thought there was only two fractures, then three and now they found out there was four). The bad news is my ligament is still torn. The good news is he's going to make sure I don't fall through any more cracks, and they should be able to get my ankle more flexible again with allot of hard work.And the good news is that I get to have all my treatment with a guy with a British accent. So is my jar half full or half empty? You be the judge.
On another note. I picked up these charms the other day. Angel wings to remind me God is always watching over me. And a heart to remind me that I am loved, always. 
Give thanks to the Lord, because He is good, and His love is eternal. Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment