Monday 24 June 2013

Sisters


Sister’s
Would I but have a mirror
That could go
Into the past
And reflect what’s coming
Would my choices be different?
Compromising  everyday thought’s
Willing them not to be my last
Not enduring life
But running through the fields
On golden dandelions
Clutching, grabing , holding
Remembering three young girls
On the shoulders
Of one strong Dad
Laughing, giggling, screaming
Capturing a moment
Lost forever in time
Or just bound
In the recess of my heart.







A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost-Marion C. Garretty
Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer-Louise Gluck










Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.-Author unknown
An older sister is a friend and defender-a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.-Pam Brown
Sibling relationships-and 80 percent of Americans have at least one-outlast marriages, survive the death of parents,resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance , warmth, and loyalty. US News Jan 1994
Maybe its the weather, maybe its the singing of old hymns in church or the laughter between the grandchildren. Something stirred my heart a little more than usual and the old longing came back.
The wanting to see my sisters just one more time. The talks that I'm missing out on. The growing old together. The rah, rah I'm here for you sister. Life's gonna be okay. Let me walk beside you today, everythings gonna be okay. 
Amazing Grace 
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did
that grace appear 
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Saviour has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, amazing grace
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures




Thankful for:
Songs that remind me of where I came from
The memories of sisters
Being able to face each day, one day at a time
Family and friends
The rain reminding me the sun will shine again


No comments:

Post a Comment