Friday 21 June 2013

Cheerleading Squad




Recently I had the Honor to cheer on my family, friends and people I did not know on their bike journey from Cloverdale to Seattle. People from all walks of life riding together with the same goal. To raise money to fight cancer and to finish a race. You probably wouldn't guess it but I'm actually a very shy introvert person. As a matter of fact the hats that I thought were so cute in the store ended up getting allot more attention than I had bargained for. I guess I didn't really think through the big picture. But maybe that's a good thing. The hats were so that our loved ones participating in the ride would recognise us immediately. Little did I think "the Canadian girls from Calgary?'" would cause such a stir. So I swallowed my pride and cheered loudly. Sometimes I was ignored, other times I made  difference in someones journey. How do I know? Thank you was uttered so many times. Thank you for helping me. Thank you for saying you care. Thank you because I was at the end of my strength output. Thank you because I don't have to walk this alone. It was shown on their faces and felt in their heart. So what happens when there is not a finish line in sight just yet? What happens when the valleys in our life or the obstacles there get too big? What happens when we stop being a cheer leader? Our neighbours house is for sale. They are separating. What happened? Who stopped cheering? Cheering doesn't mean I will always like the journey or the outcome. I was not raised to cheer lead, it does not come naturally to me. But I am a survivor and being that its my job to cheer others on. So here goes;
1.Rudy my husband you are the love of my life. The person I'm committed to growing old together . You are amazing 2. Katie my daughter you are going through tough times right now, but I am amazed at your ability to hold on and carry on. You are amazing 3. Ben as my son in law keep on supporting the family we are all thankful for all you do. You are amazing 4. Dan my oldest son keep on pursuing the desires of your heart. God will guide you ,protect you and love you. You are amazing 5. Kerry , Dans gal you have a great get up and go dream big attitude. You are amazing 6. Mattias thank you for your soft heart never let that go. You are amazing 7. To all my sister and brother in laws, though we don't always see eye to eye I am very grateful to call you family. You are amazing 8. To my nieces and nephews I have always been your greatest cheerleader and always will be, keep up the good work. You are amazing 9. To my friends this journey on earth would not be complete without your faithful friendship. You are amazing 10.To my God and saviour thank you for saving me. I am nothing without you. You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment