Thursday 27 March 2014

Thursdays Thoughts



For I Know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a hope and a future. I was given this verse as a promise from God in August 16, 1993.

I was questioning why my only two siblings had to walk the path of cancer. For me losing my mother at an early age ( she was 42, I was 11) was more than a lifetime of sadness, regret , sorrow. In May of 1994 God took my sister Alice home ( she was 38), in July of 1995 he took my sister Irene home (she was 41). Three days before my 33 birthday.  I was left without siblings.
Why reflect on this today? Today Irene would have been 60 , tomorrow my Mother would have been 82.
82 would be a good year to say until we meet again.
Saying goodbye is never easy. Living with what might have been is not easy either. Finding peace in my heart is a constant struggle. While I know who is in control and I know where I am going, it's the go between that's hard. Finding a balance between the struggles and joys of everyday life and holding on to those I love too tightly. Wanting to see just one more sunset, celebrate just one more birthday, love just one more day. While I know it's not up to me to decide that I still want more. I believe that's how God intended us to be. Our life on earth is wonderful and only a glimpse of eternity. He gives us a hope and a future. His path , my path, His choice , my choice.

Happy 60th birthday Irene....I can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment