Monday 31 March 2014

Grace-Part Two


















What a wondrous time is Spring when all the birds are singing....the buds begin to bloom...that's how it is with Gods love, once you've experienced it , you want to sing , its fresh like spring, you want to pass it on...remember that song?
Such a feel good song, at a feel good time of year.
So Sunday sermon was about Grace again. Yup , I got this one Pastor, I really do.
"When the grace of God grabs hold of a life , nothing stays the same" Matthew Price
Yup still with you Pastor . So take a moment and search your heart. Who is grace for? It is for everyone? Even the one that has wronged you beyond being fair or repair. How about those people you really don't love? How about that person that's way to hard to love? Yup everyone. Grace is for anyone that surrenders to Jesus. Nobody is excluded. Yup still with you Pastor.
So then he asks us, so what's changed in your life? What refuses to stay the same?

You see I can have this beautiful backyard of mine and lament how beautiful it is but never use it..what good would that be? I can except grace but never change what good would that be?


And you got it. My life looks more like, dare I show you? The cobwebs in my garage. I store up all this grace and don't change. Grace, the power to forgive. The power to let go. The power of not always wanting my way. The power to love people different than me. It was all very clear in that Church service Sunday morning. And a few hours later at home it looked so different. You see Grace at work in my life is work, yup that's it, it's work. And it's easier to slip into my old thought patterns...Yet Grace if it has grabbed a hold of my life needs to see changes.
So the Pastor asked again after the service. If you accepted Grace what's changed in your life?
I'm working on this , thank you Lord for again revealing to me the need of your Grace.

We ended the Church Service with this song;

This Is Amazing Grace

 
Who breaks the power of sin and darkness
Whose love is mighty and so much stronger
The King of Glory, the King above all kings
Who shakes the whole earth with holy thunder
Who leaves us breathless in awe and wonder
The King of Glory, the King above all kings
Chorus:
This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That You would take my place
That You would bear my cross
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free
Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me
Verse 2:
Who brings our chaos back into order
Who makes the orphan a son and daughter
The King of Glory, the King of Glory
Who rules the nations with truth and justice
Shines like the sun in all of its brilliance
The King of Glory, the King above all kings
Bridge:
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave


Read more: Phil Wickham - This Is Amazing Grace Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Thankful
1.unending grace
2.sunshine
3.flowers in spring
4.peace
5.having all I need
6.new songs
7.old familiar songs
8.friends who get to travel and come home safe
9.warm bedand clean sheets
10. NLCC and my pastor Matthew Price (come check us out Sunday morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment