Monday 9 November 2015

Cycle 2 Complete

What are the internal tapes that play again and again ,speaking harshly to your soul?

Facing our disappointments with ourselves gives us grace to deal with disappointment with others
Sheila Walsh

Why focus on grace ? I was looking for inspiring words to leave footprints in my day.


I need to allow myself to feel  hurt rather than pretend that it didn't really bother me. When I pretend, it seems to form a callous over my heart . An honest wound can be healed. Forgiveness does not mean that what happened to you is okay or that you ever have to let that person into your life. forgiveness is a way of lining up your will with the will of God and simply being obedient.
Sheila Walsh

My cancer treatments are a journey. My focus has been on God's grace. To accept God's grace in my life I need to forgive. As I'm learning to face disappointment with myself , I am learning to face disappointment with others and forgive.

Grace is a gift given to me and to you.

I need to accept that forgiveness is God's gift ,we can walk together ,and be part of a healing community even when we don't agree with each other, understand each other, or support the decisions made by each other. Community and grace. I so need that in my life.

Finished cycle two of my cancer treatments. 4 weeks of chemo. It's been tough. I don't pretend to have the answers, or know why I must walk this journey . I know God is in control and I still have a lot of learning to do. I have 6 more cycles to walk through. Scary and overwelming. Physically to me it's tough it takes a toll on my body. I know I am in God's hands. I know I am covered by His grace.
 
Thankful For;
My freezer is overful with meals for days I can't cook.
Cards of encouragement
Sunshine
Grace
Forgivness
Friends
Family
Warm bed and clean sheets
Water
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment