Tuesday 5 March 2013

Garden Of Gethsemane


So our Church is preparing for Easter and our focus was on The Garden. The Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus took some of his closest friends (disciples) and told them to watch and pray while He went to pray in the Garden. It is hear where Jesus toughest moments on earth were experienced. Here while He was struggling the people He asked for help fell asleep. He was all alone before God, and knew what was to come in His life, and it was here he accepted God's will .Flash forward to our Bible Study. I was asked if I ever felt like I had been in the garden of Gethsemane? My eyes popped open and my tongue rolled out. Are you kidding? My bouts in the garden have been so frequent I own shares in it. My tent that I once erected there is more like a vacation home, complete with cleaning services. Experienced what Jesus did , never? Experienced utter despair ,agony and pain. I'm there. Had people turn there back on me in my hour of need? Of course. Knowing that I had to accept the will of God even though I knew what was coming. Tough .Yes very tough. The Garden of Gethsemane. Where I learn to trust God. Not my will but yours God. No matter what my feelings , despite my circumstances-I will trust God. God can handle my questions and doubts. "If there were no room for doubt there would be no room for me" Fredrick Buechner. God is with me in my Gethsemane. He stays He rests, He waits, He listens, and when the time is right He leads me through it.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Peace
2. Stirring of the Holy Spirit
3. Kid's that love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment